From the University Archives: the Vanport Extension Center, 1946-48
Portland State University Archives
The University Archives at the Portland State University Library is home to the historical records documenting Portland State’s beginning as the Vanport Extension Center (VEC). In the spring of 2010, Dr. Bill Lang’s public history seminar drew upon these records to curate and design a digital exhibit highlighting life on the Vanport campus from its inception in 1946 to its devastation in the flood of 1948. The following exhibit is based upon their work.
For an inventory of the full Vanport Extension Center records, see the University Archives finding aid
For more information on the Vanport years, see: